Inmates may receive unlimited regular mail from family and friends. However, incoming mail will not be received at the facility. Regular mail must be mailed to a GTL drop box, where it will be inspected for contraband or security breaches in accordance with the Florida Model Jail Standards. Mail will then be scanned into the GTL tablet system for delivery to the inmate. The GTL drop box address is:
Nassau County Jail
P. O. Box 2966
San Antonio, Texas 78299-2966
Attn: Inmate name and number
The only items accepted through the mail, at the Nassau County Jail will be:
– Legal Mail (from attorneys, the courts, and public officials);
If a non-legal envelope is sent to an inmate, then it will be returned, unopened, to the sender.
Messages may be received from friends and family through the inmate tablet messaging system. Friends and family can send you messages through www.gettingout.com after setting up an account. Once the account is set up messages can be sent to an inmate for $0.25 per message
Regular mail and messages shall not be censored unless it contains one or more of the following:
- Plans for sending, or presence, of contraband
- Plans for criminal activity
- Instructions for the manufacture of weapons, drugs, drug paraphernalia, or alcoholic beverages
- Threats of blackmail or extortion
- Plans for escape
- Is in code or contains a code
- Contains information which, if communicated, would create a serious danger of violence or physical harm to someone
- Contains material which would, if used, create a serious danger to the security of the institution
- Contains sexual content or nudity
Unauthorized items received through the mail will be considered contraband and the entire package will be confiscated. Computer generated materials (downloaded from the internet) are not permitted. Messages that are denied will not be refunded.
Mail that is packaged in boxes will not be accepted.
Photographs: Friends and family can send you photographs through www.gettingout.com after setting up an account. The cost is $.50 per photo..
· Pictures containing any type of gang signs will not be accepted.
· Sexually explicit photographs or illustrations of a sexual nature will not be accepted.
· Nudity of any type will not be accepted.
It is the inmate’s responsibility to notify the sender of the picture policy. If the picture violates policy the picture will be denied and there will be no refund.