A career in Corrections offers many challenges and rewards. There are numerous promotional opportunities and specialized assignments available.
We are currently seeking qualified certified applicants!
Contact Human Resources for more information.
Kathrine Hall – (904) 548-4054
Correction Officer applicants must:
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be a High School Graduate or possess a State Equivalency
- Never received a Dishonorable Discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States
- Not have any convictions for felonies or misdemeanor offenses involving moral turpitude
- Be certified as a Corrections Officer by the Florida Criminal Justice Standards Commission at the time of employment.
- Pass Florida Department of Law Enforcement Criminal Justice and Training physical requirements
- Hold Certification by the Florida State Examination for Law Enforcement professionals
The employment procedure includes:
- Download and Complete an Application
- Background Investigation
- Oral Review Board
- Polygraph Examination
- Medical and Psychological Exam
- Substance Screening
- Offer of Employment
If you are interested in applying for a Corrections Officer position, please go to the HUMAN RESOURCES tab to download an application.
Human Resources receives and processes employment applications for all divisions of the Sheriff’s Office. We continue to accept applications for Full-time; Part-time; and Reserve Status positions. Applications are active from one year from the date of the application. Once a vacancy occurs, applications are reviewed and screened and selected applicants will received notification from Human Resources to begin the interview process.
For more information contact the Human Resources Office at (904) 548-4054 or email to email@example.com.
In the event of critical needs staffing, the Nassau County Sheriff’s Office may send recruits to the Basic Recruit Training Academy. Otherwise, applicants must be certified before applying for any sworn positions.