The Ride-Along Program is designed for individuals who would like to learn more about the Nassau County Sheriff’s Office patrol through first hand observation by accompanying a deputy while on patrol.
Observer Eligibility, Requirements, and Restrictions
An individual’s request to ride may be denied due to the result of a criminal history check or any reason that may increase the liability of the Nassau County Sheriff’s Office or Deputy with whom the observer is assigned to ride.
The following individuals MAY NOT participate in the Ride-Along Program:
- Anyone who is the subject of an active criminal investigation or prosecution;
- Anyone who is the subject of active criminal intelligence;
- Anyone convicted as a felon;
- Anyone convicted of a misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement;
- Anyone charged with a felon in the past 5 years;
- Anyone previously Baker Acted:
- Anyone known to be of immoral character;
- Anyone who shows up to ride emitting an odor of alcoholic beverage or appear under the influence of drugs or controlled substance.
Contact: The NCSO at (904) 225-0331.