The Human Resource Department coordinates implementation of services, policies and programs. This effort helps to align the workforce with the Goals and Mission Statement of the Nassau County Sheriff’s Office. The Human Resource Department emphasizes quality, productivity, standards, goal attainment and recruitment along with the ongoing development of a high caliber workforce.
The Nassau County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, religion or any other legally protected status.
Major areas directed by Human Resources are:
- Recruiting and Staffing;
- Performance Management;
- Employment and Compliance to Regulatory Concerns;
- Employee Orientation, Development and Documentation;
- Employee Relations;
- Employee Safety, Welfare, Wellness and Health;
- Benefits Administration;
- Retirement Administration;
- Charitable Giving; and,
- Employee Services.
The Human Resource Department’s objectives are established to support the attainment of the Mission Statement and Objectives of the Nassau County Sheriff’s Office.
NCSO is committed to providing a workplace free of sexual misconduct as well as discrimination, harassment based on such factors as race, color, marital status, national origin, religion, gender, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, or veteran status. NCSO strongly disapproves of and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of employees by supervisory staff, employees, customers, and clients or by persons associated with NCSO or retaliation against any person making a complaint of discrimination, harassment or sexual misconduct. This policy shall apply to all employees of NCSO including staff, supervisory staff, and also to all persons involved in the business or services engaged in by NCSO. To view this policy, please click here.
Q. How do I apply for a job with the Nassau County Sheriff’s Office?
A. You must print the application, complete it, have it notarized and deliver it to Human Resources. You can download the application at www.nassauso.com or obtain a copy at 77151 Citizens Circle, Yulee, Fl.
Human Resources receives and processes employment applications for all divisions of the Sheriff’s Office. We continue to accept applications for Full-time; Part-time; and Reserve Status positions. Applications are active from one year from the date of the application. Once a vacancy occurs, applications are reviewed and screened and selected applicants will received notification from Human Resources to begin the interview process.
We are currently accepting applications for:
Information Technology – Network Engineer
Dispatchers in our Communications Division
Detention Deputy in our Corrections Division
If you have additional questions about job vacancies or applicant requirements, you may call the Human Resources Department.
Diana Crigger, Human Resources Manager – (904) 548-4063
or Ashleigh Harris, HR Clerk at 904-548-4012
- Employees are paid once a month on the 28th of each month
- Insurance coverage starts on the first day of the month – 60 days from your hire date
- Employees have a mandatory contribution to Florida Retirement System but will select enrollment from two plan options.
- Work hours:
- Office Administrative
- Office Hours are from 8 am to 5 pm
- Monday through Friday *40 hour work weeks
- Law Enforcement/ Detention Center Personnel/ Dispatch
- Hours are 12 hour shifts
- A & C shifts are days — B & D shifts are nights —168 hours monthly
- Office Administrative
- Dress Code
- All employees of the Sheriff’s Office shall be properly groomed and their attire cleaned and pressed at all times in order to present a neat, professional appearance to the public. All clothing must be conservative and businesslike in appearance.
- Fridays are designated as a casual dress day for non-uniformed staff members. Our objective is to allow employees to work comfortably in their various work places, but to maintain and project a professional image.
List of forms:
- Employment Application