There are a variety of administrative, technical, and clerical positions within the Sheriff’s Office. We are accepting applications for all positions; however, some positions may or may not be available at this time. When vacancies exist, you may receive notification from the NCSO’s Human Resources Department to set up an interview.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Must possess effective oral and written English communication skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident alien who has applied for citizenship
- Never received a Dishonorable Discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and have a good driving record
- Felony convictions are disqualifying
- Misdemeanors may be disqualifying depending on number, how recent and/or severity
If you are interested in applying, please download and complete a Support Staff application from the HUMAN RESOURCES tab.
Human Resources receives and processes employment applications for all divisions of the Sheriff’s Office. We continue to accept applications for Full-time; Part-time; and Reserve Status positions. Applications are active from one year from the date of the application. Once a vacancy occurs, applications are reviewed and screened and selected applicants will received notification from Human Resources to begin the interview process.
The Nassau County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
The Nassau County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, religion or any other legally protected status.