A career in Law Enforcement begins with the position of Deputy.
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Be a United States citizen
- Be a High School Graduate or possess a State Equivalency
- Never received a Dishonorable Discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States
- Not have any convictions for felonies or misdemeanor offenses involving moral turpitude as outlined in FS 943.13 (7)
- Pass Florida Department of Law Enforcement Criminal Justice and Training physical requirements
- Hold Certification by Florida State Examination for Law Enforcement professionals
- Certification by Florida Police Standards Commission
- See at normal level (or with accommodation)
- Hear at normal level (or with accommodation)
The employment procedure includes
- Download and complete an application
- Background investigation
- Polygraph Examination
- Oral Review Board
- Medical and Psychological Exams
- Substance Screening
- Offer of Employment
If you are interest in applying for a Law Enforcement position, please download an application.
Human Resources receives and processes employment applications for all divisions of the Sheriff’s Office. We continue to accept applications for Full-time; Part-time; and Reserve Status positions. Applications are active from one year from the date of the application. Once a vacancy occurs, applications are reviewed and screened and selected applicants will received notification from Human Resources to begin the interview process.
For more information contact the Human Resources Office at 904-548-4054 or email to email@example.com.
Visit the HUMAN RESOURCES page for more information.
The Nassau County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, religion or any other legally protected status.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
* The Nassau County Sheriff’s Office recognizes that some content on this page may not be accessible. We have developed a remediation plan to make all content accessible and are actively implementing the plan. To review the remediation schedule click here.
If you require an alternate format for any content on this website please contact us. Please indicate your preferred format for the content you have requested and your contact information.