You can become “part of the action” as a Communications Dispatcher. Work as partners with Deputy Sheriffs in protecting your community.
The Nassau County Sheriff’s Office is always accepting applications for Dispatchers!
To Begin the Process, Download the Application:
Click HERE to go to the HUMAN RESOURCES tab to download a Support Staff Application
Communication Dispatcher applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a High School Graduate or possess a State Equivalency
- Not have any convictions for felonies or misdemeanor offenses involving moral turpitude
- Never received a Dishonorable Discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States
The employment procedure includes:
- If you are interested in applying for a Communications Dispatcher position, please download and complete an application. For more information contact the Human Resources Office at (904) 548-4054 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Download and Complete an Application – return to Nassau County Sheriff’s Office located at 77151 Citizens Circle, Yulee, FL 32097.
- Dispatch Test
- Typing test
- Oral Review Board
- Background Investigation
- Polygraph Exam
- Substance Screening
- Offer of Employment
Human Resources receives and processes employment applications for all divisions of the Sheriff’s Office. We continue to accept applications and they are active from one year from the date of the application. Once a vacancy occurs, applications are reviewed and screened and selected applicants will received notification from Human Resources to begin the interview process.