- Be at least 19 years of age
- Be a United States citizen
- Be a High School Graduate or possess a State Equivalency
- Never received a Dishonorable Discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States
- Not have any convictions for felonies or misdemeanor offenses involving moral turpitude as outlined in FS 943.13 (7)
- Pass Florida Department of Law Enforcement Criminal Justice and Training physical requirements
- Hold Certification by Florida State Examination for Law Enforcement professionals
- Certification by Florida Police Standards Commission
- See at normal level (or with accommodation)
- Hear at normal level (or with accommodation)
The employment procedure includes:
- Download and complete an application
- Oral Review Board
- Polygraph Examination
- Medical and Psychological Exams
- Background investigation
- Substance Screening
- Offer of Employment
If you are interest in applying for a Law Enforcement position, please download an application.
Human Resources receives and processes employment applications for all divisions of the Sheriff’s Office. We continue to accept applications for Full-time; Part-time; and Reserve Status positions. Applications are active from one year from the date of the application. Once a vacancy occurs, applications are reviewed and screened and selected applicants will received notification from Human Resources to begin the interview process.
For more information contact the Human Resources Office at (904) 548-4063 or email to email@example.com.